Thursday, May 17, 2007

GOP Close Shaves

Neocon fun and games. Phil Gingrey (R-GA) confounds the Chimp.
Neo Conversation

I'm a C-SPAN addict. I've watched it for years. I hear the lies being told on the floors of the Senate and the House without the bullshit spin of the MSM. I don't have to see who's talking, there are many distinctive voices in Congress.Gingrey's voice is unmistakable. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard as what he has to say is just so WRONG. (Marsha Blackburn's voice has the same effect on me; Sessions, Sensenbrenner, Hatch too, it's a long list.) Far right rabid folks must love his dulcet tones. He's a perfect neocon Bush/Cheney rubber stamper. Imagine my shock the first time he appeared on my TV screen sans moustache. I did a double take when I looked at the tube to yell. And another. I looked for current pics of him, they're rare, one is at Wonkette, a C-SPAN screen shot. And his website has updated his mug shot.
Phil Gingrey R-GA

This is how Gingrey looked until February.
Gingrey C-SPAN

Gingrey shaved off his mustache during the weekend of Feb. 10. "He made a promise to himself that he was going to shave it at the first sign of gray," said Gingrey spokeswoman Becky Ruby. "He saw gray and the mustache came off. He didn’t tell anyone he was going to do it, except he got approval from his wife."

After the shave, a district aide sent Ruby some event photographs. "I called the aide up to say, 'Why didn’t you get Phil in the photograph?' He was right in front of my eyes, just sans mustache."

Ruby says the ’stache won’t likely return "considering how many people have told him how much younger he looks without it."


Ahhh, so.
gingrey fear

Arrrgghhh! A nightmare, hirsute or not.
Gingrey Clean shaven

It was as huge a change as if Bolton had shaved his off.
WhatIsBoltonhiding

And the trend continues. Chertoff shaved off his scraggly poor substitute for a beard and moustache too. What's the deal, Republicans? Hair today, gone tomorrow.
In Chertoff's case, nothing helps, not even a Bolton 'stache.
Chertoff Shaved

Not as much of a non sequitur as it seems: Butt Facials

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home