Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Panda Bites Drunk

Gu Gu
Man Bites Panda
Zhang Xinyan, 35, had drunk four draught beers before deciding to enter the Beijing Zoo pen belonging to six-year-old male panda Gu Gu.
The startled Gu Gu bit both legs of his intruder, who responded by biting "the panda on its back", Mr Zhang was quoted by state media as saying. Mr Zhang said he had not realised pandas could be violent.

Go, Gu Gu! Go, Gu Gu! Shock and awe!
Jeezuss Christ...I coulda told Mr. Zhang Pandas bite. Masticating 40 pounds of Bamboo a day takes a strong set of choppers. A pair of legs? Just two twigs. The solitary nocturnal Panda is easily startled. Entering their space while drunk can be hazardous.
--->

He told the Beijing Morning Post that he had come to the Chinese capital "only to see the pandas". "The seven-hour train ride was exhausting, and I drank bottles of beer when I arrived then had a nap," he added.

Punishment
The newspaper said Mr Zhang had a "sudden urge" to touch Gu Gu with his hand, so he jumped over the waist-high railing into the enclosure. "When he got closer and was undiscovered, he reached out to hug it," the newspaper added.
Mr Zhang was bitten first on his right leg, and then on his left.
Newspaper photographs showed him lying on a hospital bed with blood-soaked bandages over his legs.
"I bit the panda on its back but its fur was too thick," Mr Zhang recalled.
He went on: "No one ever said they would bite people. I just wanted to touch it."
Zoo spokeswoman Ye Mingxia said the panda was unharmed and they were not considering punishing Mr Zhang yet."He's suffered quite a bit of a shock," she told the Associated Press by telephone.


Heh heh...Go, Gu Gu! Go, Gu Gu!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, if you enjoyed that, you will enjoy When Pandas Attack

I hope I got the link correct. If not, the video can be found at MSNBC.com, under "videos", Sept. 18th.

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! I checked to see if that link works. It does, only not with Firefox. Probably not Netscape, either. Just right click on my link to copy the link location, then past into the IE browser. You'll have to sit through an advertisement first, but the video is worth it.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Panda said...

Aahahahahahaaaaaa."Stuffed animals with attitude" I love it. If those pandas were fully grown I'll just bet those bites would have hurt. I've noticed lies recently in Panda stats. In the early 80s, there were fewer than a thousand in the Sichuan Province, their natural habitat. Why the distortions about how "almost" extinct they really were?
Thanks for the vid.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Pissedoffcabbie said...

It reminds me of the time I came home late and drunk, and startled my ex-wife.
She almost bit my nose off.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home