Thursday, June 26, 2008

To the Thunderous Applause of Crickets....

Thank you, thank you, taking a bow to me. One blogs for oneself alone...or one could be heartily disappointed. Yet, I appreciate my three readers, hahaha. For me it's a need to vent my spleen and I amuse myselves. I make me laugh and that's the therapy I need to survive this cold hard planet. And it does get cold indeed.
Last September/October/November I hit an emotionally low spot that ended with a lowest of the low in February. Mortality. Fear. Loss. Betrayal. Lies. Pain. I took a painful hit to get validation. I knew, I blocked, I put some blinders on. The truth is messy but lies are the death knoll of friendships. It is something up with which I shall not put. Not anymore. It's been a bumpy ride personally and George Bush isn't making my life any easier. He's made it financially impossible for Boomers to have much flexibility. We're trapped between our Echo Boomers and our Greatest Generation family members. We're being needed and squeezed to death. It's real.

Women in particular receive the brunt of the pressure as trained to respond to the needs of others, "we've come a long way baby" was an ad campaign...we've gone backwards. Now women are asked to do more, still get paid less, and aren't respected for raising children...valueless without a paycheck...belittled. Boomer women are a force to be reckoned with if we could ever get our collective shit together. Just too busy taking care of others' needs.

Health care issues are about to explode even more as the 1946 to 1955 Vietnam Boomers age. Get ready for some radical actions from Boomers who've protested before and know the awesome power of the government but will risk prison in the name of justice for all. That's called true bravery.

Some naive thirty and forty somethings just don't fucking get it yet. You WILL be ripped off. You WILL pay...just as Boomers have paid all these years. We have NOT been the most affluent group, that was our parents' claim to fame and we sure as hell didn't have the toys available now, there were these things called books. And now we have to put up with insults towards Boomers from arrogant ignorant whippersnapper brats who have no sense of history, no clue what a social conscience is, very limited educations, and wouldn't recognize a civil liberty if it bit them. They're being used by the administration in the oldest trick in the book...divide and conquer. Sometimes I wonder why I bother...must be the Celt in me that makes me refuse to give up. A double edged sword.

I might and might not continue....

8 Comments:

Blogger snabby said...

I hear you on the civil liberties stuff. Why the fuck we should be expected to merrily put up with the gutting of the 4th amendment is beyond me. I haven't heard one good reason, other than highly greased palms, why the FISA bill should go through at all, let alone with telcom immunity. They (Hoyer, Pelosi) say it's the best we can hope for. WTF? I heard one of them saying they had to get something done before the temporary bill runs out in August. Why not renew it, you fucking treasonous bastards?

It's pretty clear that the Democratic party is hardly on the side of the People any more than the repukes.

Meanwhile, don't give up on it, or this blog, plz.

I know you've had a rough year, but you're needed in the fight.

3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto on what Snabby said. Shitboy and his minions have directly made my life a living hell for the past three years, so I certainly understand what you are saying. I hope you won't quit this blog. I don't get here as often as I would like, but I do appreciate having a place to come to laugh--as much as one can under the circumstances. And, your graphics rule!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Panda said...

Thanks, snabs, thanks aed. Sometimes I get those slumps. Then I pick myself up again and trudge on. Yeah, this has been a bad few months but nothing I can't handle. :) Time heals all wounds...so they say.

Man, financially Bushco has wiped out a hell of a lot of people. They broke the government just like they planned all along. And we tried to warn those knuckledraggers that this is what would happen...but noooo, they don't even know who their senator is let alone what Habeas Corpus means. And of course they "have nothing to hide" so think spying on all of us is fine and dandy. Morans! I think we'll need communes after the dark clouds come..band together so Liberals can get seriously organized. This time we'll have to dispose of the culprits properly, keep digging them up until we're really sure.

Thanks on the graphics thang aed, sometimes though I wonder how the hell the popular blogs do it...how many people work on it every day...are they shopping or captioning and do their readers know the difference, then the green monster shows up and says what the hell have they got that I haven't got and then I hate them for a minute and then I'm okay again and my adult takes back the reins. My inner child makes jailbreaks all the time. Haha. See why I need the therapy of making my little pics? Bwahahahaaaaaa.

My problem is I don't know how to market anything...or toot my own horn. Geez, what a pathetic statement...I blame the nuns...one should never draw attention to oneself, it's not ladylike. Mother Superior should see me now! Hahaha.

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this post three times, yes, three! because it resonated so loudly and painfully with my own experiences over the last 10 months or so. Particularly the lies and betrayals comment, which in my case were family related. Having my Last Will and Testament rewritten made me feel a LOT better, however. Bwahaha!

Panda, don't give up. The world would be a colder and more grammatically-challenged place without someone like you who can write sentences like "It is something up with which I shall not put." That one sentence told me so much about you -- you are not the kind of person who takes the easier path.

Thank you for setting the bar higher.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant, raising the bar.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Panda said...

Alas, I can't take credit for a line first uttered by Winston Churchill. He had a way with words. :) I sometimes think we're sent tests by the connectedness of us all for the additional wisdom gained to be used in the future if needed. We're storing up strength. It's hard work sometimes, eh?
Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. It means a lot. :)

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Panda .... don't you even think about quitting ... your stuff is just too good, especially the graphics. You're on my checklist every day for inspiration.. Just keep on giving'em hell . . .

10:00 AM  
Blogger Panda said...

Why, thank you, touchgrey. I very much appreciate your words of encouragement.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home